If you would like to use one of my photographs for anything or if you would like to ask a question please do not hesitate to contact me on email at heatherwallace@hotmail.com
All photographs are protected under copyright 2010. Please respect these works.


Saturday, July 31, 2010

2nd prize, "Inquisitive Life, Laos"!!!

I got awarded 2nd prize at the Royal Easter show for my photo of a girl I took in Laos. I was so excited (and still are really excited)! So what happened was... I entered a photograph into the Royal Easter Show in Sydney, not thinking I would even get chosen to be hung. Then I didn't get a response from the Royal Easter Show Committee (which apparently means you have been chosen to be hung). So my family and I went along to the show ground and headed into the Arts Pavilion. I had entered my photos into the under 17's competition. And there was my photo! With a massive red ribbon on it! I could not believe it! So I had been chosen to be hung and achieved 2nd prize! Woo.
That was my first competition I had ever entered. I have know been inspired to enter more. The photo is of a young girl in a remote tribe in Laos. It is a bit hard to see her face though she is playing with a little box and she is looking straight up at the viewer through her hair. She is wearing a vibrant skirt which is presented next to dusty earthy colours. I labeled this photograph "Inquisitive life, Laos".




Mum & I.

No comments:

Post a Comment